Achieving the perfect wet look for your car is easier than you think if you follow the right processes and you are using the right products.
When you are cleaning your car you are actually cleaning and protecting its body and paintwork and if you do it wrong, you could end up damaging the very thing you’re trying to protect!
Follow our top tips on process and products to make sure you have a gleaming wet ride that won’t disappoint.
Go Hard Or Go Home
You may think you need to go hard or go home – but everyone knows soft and gentle scores the winning goal. Before you even start the wash process – look at your tools and accessories and check they are in good working order.
You aren’t going to get a clean vehicle with dirty gear. For the two bucket car wash method we recommend a clean, chenille microfiber mitt like our Chenille Microfibre Wash Mitt. This microfiber mitt is designed to be gentle on paint, absorbent.
Two Bucket Wash Method
We don’t call it the two bucket car wash for nothing. Two’s company – and two buckets are most definitely better than one.
You’ll need a rinse bucket and a wash bucket to get the job done properly. A rinse bucket for your dirty mitt when you’ve used it on your car; a wash bucket for your soapy water to apply your Chemical Guys soap to your vehicle’s body with your Mitt.
We recommend our Blacklight Car Wash Soap to get rid of every trace of evidence.
The Chemical Guys Two Bucket Method
- Use pressurized water to wash the body of your vehicle. This will remove larger pieces of debris and patches of dirt.
- Dip your clean Big Mofo wash mitt into your wash bucket and wipe your car from top to bottom in straight lines. Concentrate on one small section at a time.
- When that Big Mofo gets dirty, wring the mitt on the ground – away from your car to ensure there’s no backsplash.
- Rinse your dirty mitt in your rinse bucket and rub it against the Dirt Trap to remove any debris that’s stuck to it.
- Remove your Big Mofo from the rinse bucket and wring it out again.
- Repeat the two bucket car wash method gently rubbing the whole car down until it is back to full gleaming glory.
- Rinse the car all over, and then dry it down.
Smooth It Down, Glaze, And Seal
Now that your two bucket car wash has made your car squeaky clean, it needs to be smoothed down ready for a good wet look wax.
We recommend Chemical Guys’ Optical Grade Cut Polish which will polish away any remaining imperfections such as scuffs and swirls. Use a glaze to help restore and protect your paintwork and a sealant to protect your car from the elements for longer.
Wet Look Satisfaction Guaranteed
Finally to achieve that wet look ride you will need a premium quality, 100% carnauba wax compound such as our Chemical Guys’ Butter Wet Wax that will give a deep, wet look to your paintwork. With an ultra-smooth protective coating and UVA and UVB protection, Butter Wet Wax, will give you a satisfying and long lasting result.